Primary Non-Owned Auto (PNOA)
Primary Non-Owned Auto (PNOA) is a new product designed to address the needs of businesses in the health and human services industry. PNOA auto insurance purchased by a business or non-profit organization providing primary auto liability and optional physical damage for employees while driving their personal vehicles on company time.
Fundamental Underwriters will officially begin offering PNOA on July 1, 2021, in the following 13 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
Benefits of PNOA include:
Better Protection for Staff
- Addresses potential coverage gap between employee’s personal auto policy and employer’s commercial lines non-owned auto coverage.
Improved Risk Profile for the Insured Organization
- Knowing risk is mitigated with selected coverages and limits provides comfort to the employer.
Streamlined, Consistent Management of Employee Vehicle Operation
- Employer experiences reduced administrative costs and stress of monitoring adherence to insurance requirements.
Recruiting and Retention Tool
- Employee is not required to purchase additional personal auto insurance limits to satisfy the employer’s requirements.
- Employee does not need to classify a personal vehicle as “business use,” which may be considered a less desirable risk by their insurer.
- Employees have peace of mind knowing their employer will cover accidents occurring on the job.