Transmission – March 2022
Commercial Trucking & PNOA State Expansion
Last month, we made an exciting announcement about our state expansion in both Commercial Trucking and Primary Non-Owned Auto (PNOA).
Our mid-market commercial trucking insurance product offerings expanded into three additional states – Louisiana, Michigan and Wisconsin. This announcement reflects the continued growth of our footprint, which now includes 31 states throughout the U.S. With these additions, we now have the ability to write in the home states of fellow AF Group subsidiaries Accident Fund Insurance Company of America (MI) and United Heartland (WI).
“Fundamental Underwriters entering headquarter states of two AF Group workers’ compensation brands will enhance our ability to meet the needs of our long-term agent and broker partners,” said Abel Travis, vice president, Fundamental Underwriters. “We’re excited to further bolster our national presence by offering commercial trucking in these new states while continuing to provide exceptional service to the customers we serve all across the country.”
Furthermore, PNOA expanded into 17 additional states, extending our reach in the specialized market. With this, we are now able to write in the same 31 states as Commercial Trucking.
“PNOA provides many benefits, including better protection for staff, improved risk profile for the employer, streamlined and consistent management of employee vehicle operation and a beneficial recruitment and retention tool for policyholders,” said Abel. “We’re eager to work with our agent partners to make this product more widely available to our joint customers, including in the home states of two of our sister brands.”
For more information on Commercial Trucking and PNOA, including a complete list of states we can now write in, please visit the following pages:
Website Update – Agent & Policyholder Tabs
If you have visited our website lately, you may have noticed that we added agent and policyholder tabs. As we continue expanding our Commercial Trucking business and introducing Primary Non-Owned Auto (PNOA) to new states, we want to ensure that we deliver pertinent information to our agent partners and current and potential customers.
Feel free to check out these new pages and share as you see fit!
Quick Quote Process
We recently implemented a new quick quote process effective Jan. 1, 2022, that allows for last-minute submissions!
Below are the criteria to qualify for submissions:
- Account size requirements – 50 to 100 units
- Required lead time – 15 to 30 business days
- Average to above average commodities (dry van, reefer and flatbed)
- Not permitted – roll-ups, multiple entities, new ventures, pollution, heavy haul and logging
- Firm targets established with the initial submission
- $1 million CSL limits only
- Controlled business preferred but not required
- All owned equipment must be plated in one of our active states
- No BORs are accepted
- Complete submission
To qualify for quick quoting, the following must be included in the original submission and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to your underwriter.
- Why the account is being submitted for a quick quote
- Details of the opportunity
Fully Completed Specialty Trucking Application (no ACORDS):
- Loss control contact info must be provided (name, phone and email address)
- All historical and projected exposure data must be fully completed
- DOT or MC number must be provided on the application
- Four years, plus current year, loss runs valued within 90 days of the effective date
- Driver schedule in Excel format
- Vehicle schedule in Excel format
- Form E requirements, if any
- Breakdown of company drivers, owner-operators and lease purchase drivers
If you have any questions, please reach out to your underwriter.
Loss Control Coffee Talk Videos
We’re excited to continue our quarterly Coffee Talks this year. We recently welcomed Randy Sturdivant, executive vice president of Infinit-I Worksafe Solutions to lead our Q1 discussion. Randy reviewed essential driver training topics, including where to target training and the impact of frequent and consistent training on claims and CSA violations.
If you missed this or any of our previous sessions, please feel free to visit our Coffee Talks page to watch recordings of them.
Be on the lookout for communication regarding our Q2 Coffee Talk webinar!